Friday, January 27, 2017

A Letter Never Sent

-- What follows is what will most likely be the final words of Infinite Book 5: Recovered Dreams (2017):

A Letter Never Sent

I can't. I couldn't. And for that I am truly sorry. I was never the father to A or E they needed. Nor was I the husband to Bella she required. I thought I could have been. Might have been. But I simply was never enough. Not strong enough. Not patient enough. Not even demanding enough to finally become what I needed to become.

And then there was Caroline.

How could I?

That question is as pure as it is accusatory. It points sharp fingers at Bella and me. Fingers I'd rather not acknowledge at all.

And, honestly, right now (on this subject at least), I have... no... more... words.

D. C. L.

No comments:

Post a Comment